Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, May 22, 2010

Info Post
Noller and I am absolutely speechless over the care I have received from all my blog friends around the world. 77 thoughtful comments during my previous post as well as many private e-mail! I am completely overwhelmed, humbled and very, very grateful to all. A special thank you to Greet and Trish for the lovely words and pictures on their blogs! I am fortunate and happy to "know" you both.

The most amazing is that I have regained faith in the good in people. We are overloaded with the violence, greed and other negative things in the news every day, and very often I have thought about how this will end? This last weeks has shown me how many wonderful people there are around the world and has given me the belief that, in spite of much evil, disaster and need, will the good of humanity wins!
I believe that many of us, has come to a point where we no longer want the stress, hustle and selfishness - that we take a step back and concern for each other. My wish for you all is, that you take good care of the one life you have got and remember that life is a gift!

Today I have chosen to present my immediate family for you. My beloved husband Noller is the warmest, kindest and most considerate man in world! We have lived together for 15 years and get married in december 2009. He supports me in everything. Noller comes from Aalborg in Denmark, he is a process engineer and work in the pharmaceutical industry. He loves nature, skiing and cycling, on top of that, he is amazing good to cook.
During my illness, he helps me with everything; make delicious food for me, calling me from his job every day, clean the house, change the bandage on my operative wound and many other things. After my surgery, he slept for three nights in a terrible sofa in the living room of the hospital to be near me. He drives me forward and back to Oslo, hold my hand, comfort me and cry with me.
When radiation treatment begins, he will drive me back and forth to the hospital six days a week (two hours each way) for six weeks, so I can stay home during the treatments. He holds my hand every day and he is the man of my life! I know I have a wonderful husband and I'm so grateful for that!
I want you to know that my family and I are deeply grateful for the care and compassion as you have shown me!
My opereasjon has gone well, now I use the time to get on top before treatment with radiation and chemotherapy starts. Soon I am back on the blog again.
Many thanks and good thoughts and wishes to you all!
 
Heidi, my oldest daughter live here in Norway together with Øyvind. She is an interior designer like myself and mother to Maren and Birk. When Heidi was younger, she was a very brave girl; For example, if the boys in the street was not kind to older people, Heidi was the first to catch up with them. Cooking was certainly not her interest, which worried me a lot. But today she is very into healthy eating and has also her own food blog.  Heidi has an all too busy day like many others. I am often worried about her, particularly in recent months, when I've been sick and Birk and her work requires a lot of her. But she's a strong girl, so her mother can probably take it easy.
Bettina, my middle daughter, lives in Sweden together with Rickard. She is very well-read, good at languages and a clever girl. Bettina was also brave as a little girl, she would try anything and was not afraid of anything! At the same time, she had great interest to bake and cook, something she also is good at today. Bettina is also a member of the blog world, and you can find her blog here. She has been here at home with me since my operation and helped and take care of me, something I am very grateful for. She went home to Sweden Thursday. It appears that she's going to be living in Sweden, although her mother hopes that one day she will move back to Norway.
My youngest daughter Line is dead.
Beautiful Maren is my oldest grandchild. She finished high school in June and will go further at school in Copenhagen, Denmark from the autumn. Her goal is to become a photographer, which she is already very good at. Maren is skilled in schools and have creative abilities (maybe from me). She is caring and kind, she loves to bake and cook. Noller call her his lovable lout, like Emil from Loenneberget by Astrid Lindgren. She has taken over the title after her aunt Tina (Bettina).
You will probably not believe it, but when Maren was between 18 months and two years, she already read many words. Everywhere we arrived, people were totally impressed and charmed by her, and soon she knew how to take advantage of that. For example, when we traveled by the ship M/S Color Festival from Denmark to Norway, she was a regular guest on the ship's kitchen, where the staff wrote different names on napkins and Maren read what was written. In this way she got so much ice cream she could eat by the staff. She was also a guest on the bridge with the captain. Here she read for Captain Bjoennes, as she sat on his lap and "helped" to sail the big ship to Oslo.
M/S Color Festival
Maren -two and a half year
Charming Birk is my youngest grandchild. He is the one that really should have had the nickname Emil (as Emil from Loenneberget) because he has gunpowder in the ass and can not sit still for two minutes. Birk love to play football and anything with speed and excitement - and surprising, build with Lego, maybe he's going to be an engineer like his father. He has a beautiful singing voice like his sister and both his mother and I hope that he will be one of the boys in the Nidaros Cathedral Boys Choir.
Birk - fire years

0 comments:

Post a Comment